CNAS Advisors


Getting to Know Your Advisors

You're going to get advice about college from a lot of people—parents, friends, former teachers. At UCR, there will be three sources of advice, two official and one informal. Listen to these people. Ask them questions whenever you are not sure what to do.

Prof. Rich Cardullo and senior Jeffrey Ho

Faculty Advisor

Once you declare a major you will be assigned a faculty advisor (aka faculty mentor) in the department that offers your major.  Your faculty advisor is the best person to help you decide what courses to take to fit your interests and fulfill the requirements of your major.

academic advisor with student

Academic Advisor

The College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences has an Undergraduate Academic Advising Center, located in 1223 Pierce Hall. The Academic Advising Center offers virtually one-stop shopping for CNAS undergrads, with a myriad of services to help prospective, international, and local students. Its staff members are professional academic advisors, whose job it is to help you navigate the sometimes confusing array of requirements, prerequisites, regulations, and policies that govern your college career. Your adviser will be assigned based on your major.

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Career OpportunitiesUCR Libraries
Campus StatusDirections to UCR

College Information

CNAS Dean's Office
Geology Building, Room 2258
Tel: (951) 827-6555
Fax: (951) 827-5104

Personnel Services
College Building North